Monday, September 21, 2009

Tommy Ton Turns Me ON!

I was perusing the photographic spoils of last week's NY Fashion Week, when style.com directed me to the work of style-photog, Tommy Ton. In truth, I am skeptical of such a profession, considering so many claim the title but rarely ever produce work that is engaging or technical. Save for SCott. We love's Scott (my interview with The Sartorialist is forthcoming, dear readers). But Tommy Ton of blog,Jak & Jill, kind of made me eat my words. His colors, his textures, his images are evoking and thoughtful. "Lush", is the word I would use to describe them, in fact. "Yummy", even. He captures the editors, the models, the fashion-girls "off-duty", which truth be told, is a frame of time that simply does not exist for those who are so consumed my fashion. Even a trip to the bodega takes some deep contemplation for this girl sometimes.... But needless to say, I was inspired and chose a few to share with you. Check out the full portfolio here, and help me figure out how Danish style-blogger,Hanneli, manages to ride a bike ever-so discreetly and gracefully in a to-here leather skirt. I'm stumped....


  

No comments:

Post a Comment